Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BE CAREFUL buying the BlackBerry Curve 8900 Phone READ THIS FIRST!

I bought the BlackBerry Curve because I'm not a huge fan of the touch screen. And it works well; however, most people make a mistake when buying the BlackBerry Curve.

8900 Curve is the thinnest and lightest full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone. It has communication and location features. The built-in Wi-Fi supports both voice and data, making it easier to stay connected to family, friends and colleagues using T-Mobile's Unlimited HotSpot Calling service, while the built-in GPS supports location-based services including turn-by-turn navigation.

So because it got all these great reviews and it has all these features, I bought one on Amazon because it said that it cost 1 cent to buy it. But what they don't tell you is that you have to sign up for a 2 year subscription. I don't plan on changing my provider; however, if you have a 2 year subscription you can't leverage your subscription renewal to get things that you want like a better phone or a better plan. So while everyone around me was getting better plans because they threatened to cancel their plan, I couldn't do that because I would have to pay a huge penalty if I threatened to cancel. I think it's important to search the best deals on the web. Sometimes Amazon is the best; however, sometimes other websites are better. I've been using this price comparison tool called Shopping Genie and it works better for me than like froogle.com or mysimon.com. It works better b/c it works with your search engine. You can download it for free at http://www.myshoppinggenie.com/pineapple . This helps you find all the different websites and not get lured into the Amazon deal of 1 cent for the curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment